Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fading summer


(do you spy my hydrangea bush)


The first signs of fall are creeping in and I can't say I mind at all. I am a lover of the all things fall. My hydrangea bushes in their summer peak are this brilliant blue that inspired my original pretty hydrangea design. As the summer days grow hotter and longer, they begin to fade into this blue/grey/green hybrid color. When fall finally arrives they dry into these perfect fossils of summer.

Thus my theme for the month of august "fading summer" dramatic, yes, but fitting I suppose. I relish in the moments of every season. I guess for that reason I am true Michigander. Don't talk to me in the winter because you will probably hate me. Yes I am one of those rare people who find the winters soul cleansing, peaceful and inspiring. Totally getting off subject. Anyways, Karla is receiving a new group of pretties including necklaces and headbands. I am starting to pull out the velvet and lace as the new season starts to unfold. Hope you enjoy and look around, I've seen mums already and a few tree tops fading to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment